Monday, March 16, 2009

Almost official





Well, I moved into the new place on Saturday. This means that I'm almost an official Peruvian. I think the only thing left to do is have the initiation ceremony, which, I 've heard involves the official Peruvian hairless dog - Doggy. We'll see how it goes.

You can check out some pictures from the new place if you click the slideshow to the left.

I got extremely lucky and got a place right next to my work. The building has five floors, with five apartments - mine being the top floor. I'm not quite sure how to describe this apartment. Some parts, like the kitchen, are incredibly scary. But other parts, like the living room and balcony, are absolutely incredible.

The interesting part about this apartment is that it is open to the elements. My bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen are covered by a normal ceiling and roof. However, the hallway to get from my bedroom to the kitchen... or from the kitchen to the living room... or from the front door to anywhere is open to the elements. Meaning that there is no roof, just a wall about chest high. I think the pictures describe it better than I can.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the apartment...I think the view is just awesome...the kitchen...I agree, is a little scary. But as long as you have a fridge for your beer..you're okay...right?
Congrats! I am happy for you!

Now...when are you going to have us all over for dinner?

Unknown said...

HOLY SHNIKES!!

That apartment looks amazing...I'd live in a shoe box for that view!

Congratulation buddy, you're becoming a man...