Do you remember when you were in college (or first lived on your own) and the first time you tried to do laundry? Most likely, you waited until you had no clean underwear left and were forced to visit either the local laundrymat or tackle the chore yourself. Of course, I´m speaking for men simply because I guess women have an endless suppl y of undies. Either way, you had a lot of dirty clothes. You performed your best Santa Claus impression and slung the bag of smelly clothes over your shoulder and headed towards the nearest washing machine. Now imagine yourself in a hot, crowded city walking down the street with that bag. Your back is hunched over to help balance all that weight and sweat is dripping down your face. You´re itching to wipe the sweat off but you´re afraid that if you let go of the bag then all of your momemtum will be lost.
At first I didn´t want to admit to myself that this was happening to me. I´m a 26 year old adult... (at least I think so), I should n´t be putting myself in these types of situations anymore. I knew that someday I would have to deal with the dreaded laundry, but I still put it off until later. I don´t know why, it just happened.
I live in a pretty busy part of Lima called, Chacarilla, which, if you want to compare to something you know... maybe Brookside or Prairie Village in the Kansas City area. (comparable in size). I took my bag and scoped out the closest laundrymat I could find. I walked into the place and immediately they said to me, ¨We can´t wash your clothes... you have too many.¨ They charged per item, and I needed a place that would charge by the kilo. Even though the workers laughed at my situation, as well as my accent, they did give me directions to the nearest place I could take my clothes. So I picked up my bag and walked out to head to the second destination. I finally arrived, gave them my clothes, and asked for the nearest back specialist.
I am on my way to pick up the clothes now. I should inquire about a delivery service... just like I did in college.
-BJM
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment