Anyway, so a couple weeks ago I was asked if I wanted to join the school choir, which consists of about 6 or 7 students and 12 teachers. Immediately, I came up with several reasons why it wouldn't be a good idea - the lyrics are in Spanish, I'm not a good singer, I don't have time, and I'm not a good singer... again. But a small part of me was thinking, "What the hell? Who cares if you embarrass yourself. You're the gringo, you're automatically exempt from any embarrassing situations because you're foreign... you don't know any better. Right?"
Finally, after much thought and contemplation (13.5 seconds worth) I said yes and went to my first practice. It went well. I followed along in the song-book and sang the best I could. After three practices I was ready for the big stage - The Confirmation Ceremony. Friday night, in the gymnasium, all of the seniors getting confirmed, their sponsors, and of course families and friends.
Unfortunately, it was caught on video. Now the videos are on you tube. I'll set up the scene before you click on the links below - the choir is placed in the corner of the gym, and the teachers are in the first 3 rows with the students behind them. As for myself, I'm as far away from the camera as possible... thank God. You can barely see the top of my head. If you have trouble finding my fat head in the video, I am standing almost directly in line with the piece of paper taped to the wall. If you find the white paper on the wall, just look directly below that. Happy viewing!
Iglesia Peregrina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuHp-d6DawQ
Here is a little extra video just for this blog post....
Flag day celebration in the gym: Flag Day
You can also find other various videos under the same user.
Choir Boy,
-Brian

3 comments:
I have to comment on the 'flag day' video. That is not how our normal convocations are... that video makes the school look like a military school. It was a special celebration for flag day. It is a Peruvian tradition to march like that on Flag Day... the students marching got their fair share of critiques from the students after the ceremony.
I'm pretty sure that high school band was legendary...
Also I think that video is blocked, it is asking me for a user name and password.
Post a Comment